Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday Funday at the Michener Art Museum

I became a member of the Michener Art Museum last November and have only managed to get there three times since then.   I was hoping to go more.  This visit, I brought my sister as my guest and I think she enjoyed it as much as I did.  It was a beautiful blue sky day.  Not too hot and not too cool, so we took some time to enjoy the outside sculptures.  Being a wordy, you can imagine how much I enjoyed what I am calling the LETTER TREE. 
 
 
 

Not so easy to photograph images with the light from behind so had to do a little work to brighten the tree and not blow out the sky on this one.  Windows Live is a great place to start.  All I had to do was work with the sliders in the exposure section and I was able to keep my sky blue, clouds mostly white and lighten up the tree.  I tried this image with and without a polarizing filter and decided to keep the filtered image.  In fact, I have now decided it would be best to remember keep the polarizing filter in my bag on bright sunny days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment