Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Delaware Issues Common Cents...GIVE ME SOME SPACE

Not the best image...WHY? because I was incognito, using my iPhone, and had to twist my body 180 degrees to get it.  OK OK OK.  So, here I am sitting outside at a restaurant across from my sister at a table for four.  Its nice and comfortable and we have already ordered and are enjoying our lunch. When all of a sudden I feel like there must be an earthquake.  I'm jostled in my seat, bumped and banged.  I have to hold on to my spoon, not to dribble soup down my chin.  And then I realize what is happening.  Someone is squeezing in behind me.  SO I PULL IN, to give them some room, WHEN MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE BACKED UP AND SAID EXCUSE ME?  Because next thing I know I am wedged up against the table and could hardly move.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE.  I kid you not when I tell you that although the two newcomers chose a table for four, and could easily have sat on the other side, AWAY from any other guests, they decided to sit right behind me, both of them on the same side of the table.   The rather large women dropped into her chair and proceeded to back it UP, LITERALLY, RIGHT ON TOP OF MINE.  REALLY!   And this was after I already moved in.  I WAS TRAPPED.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE,  it does not cost a penny, a nickel, a dime, a quarter...it is free to be AWARE of your body in space, be polite, give way to others when possible, don't back people in.

 
When we had finished our lunch and paid our bill, I politely turned around and said, "Excuse me. I would like to leave now".   It took her several tries to heave herself up enough to lift her chair off mine, bang, wobble, boom,  and then a few more tries to move herself forward, even though it seemed she had more room than I did between her body and the table.  Still I had to turn my chair 45 degrees, to get up and slither out.  Is it too much to ask for an inch or two of personal space when dining outside?   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment