Friday, April 18, 2014

Foodie Friday and the Wooden Bowl

I was chopping up some spinach the old fashioned way with an oval wooden bowl and a rocking blade.  That would not be very interesting if it wasn't for the fact that both belonged to my maternal grandmother.   While I was prepping the spinach, I wondered what my grandmother made with these  tools.  I felt comfort in knowing I was the third generation in my family using them.  Somehow it connected me to the women who came before me and prepared meals for their families.  We are entering into another Holiday season and I will be glad to prepare a holiday meal for my family.  It will be a very different celebration from that of my grandmother as far as the food and traditions go.  It matters not, the food will be prepared with love and the family will gather to share it.  That part will be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment