Friday, April 11, 2014

Delaware Chews at Bellissimo's

Finally warm enough to venture out on the BMW motorcycle.  Layered up with riding pants and leather jacket I stayed quite warm riding in the afternoon sun. It was good to sit behind my man and cruise through the cool spring air.  It was my goal to find a new restaurant for our lunch stop and so we did.  Although this cute little place on the river with bar room and dining room has been around for a while, and we had stopped at this very place twice before, we were unable to try it.  The first time we stopped, a private party was occupying the whole place.  The second time it was closed for repairs.  What we found this time was a delightful little Italian place under new management, Bellissimo's on the River in Upper Black Eddie.
 
The lunch menu was varied and reasonable in price.  My companion ordered Rigatoni Vodka which was served with a choice of soup or salad.  When I saw Clams Oreganato on the appetizer menu, I had to try them, so I ordered a Caesar Salad to start.  This place had class.  From the linens on the tables, to the impeccable and friendly service, to the delicious food.  Makes me pretty sure we will go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment